Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mentorship

Today I stayed at the dentistry and stayed for about 5 hours. When I got there, I noticed all the files and i got straight to work. In between my filing periods, Dr. Patel kept on calling me to help her out with the patients. Since it was super busy, Dr. Patel gave me a new duty. She taught me how to sanitize everything before the patients came into the room. After they came into the room, I would listen to Dr. Patel's conversation to get a better feel of what a dentist and patient conversation would be like. Usually, I don't get to listen to their conversations because I come into the room right when Dr. Patel needs me, but this time i was with her a lot. In the rooms I just operated the suction machine and wrote down the patients next appointment on the business card and put it into the computer. Overall, the five hours went by really quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment