Monday, April 28, 2014

Exit Interview

1. My essential question is "What is most important in maintaining a profitable
dental office?". My answers are:
The most important thing in maintaining a profitable dental office is...
- for the dentist to use the proper procedures to best whiten patient's teeth
- for the dentist to hire a dental team that most benefits the dentistry
- for the dentist to make sure kids feel at ease
My best answer is my first answer which is the best way to maintain a profitable
dental office is for the dentist to use the proper procedures to best whiten
patient's teeth.

2. The process I took to arrive at this answer was that I started to think the
main reason people go to dentists and the one thing all people want, in respect
with their teeth. I came up with that people want white teeth and give them a
glowing, and nice smile. After I got my rough draft answer, I talked to my
mentor about it and about how dentists whiten teeth. She told me about the three
main procedures dentists use to whiten teeth and I researched all of them to
come up with information I needed for my answer. It wasn't after until I got all
the research I needed that I put together the pieces to come up with my first
answer.

3. The only problems I faced were that I could find research that made my answer
sound very important. I resolved this by telling Dr. Patel about my dilemma.
After I explained my situation, she found me an article posted in a journal of
the American Dental Association and another article posted from the American
Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. These articles provided me information that
really helped make my answer sound very important and help me justify why it is
my best answer.

4. My two main sources that I used to answer my EQ are my mentor and my book. My mentor has done so many things to guide me through my senior topic. One of the main reasons Dr. Patel is my first main source is because she has helped me out in many of the interviews I've done with her and she has given me a lot of
research to help me out with my answers, but mainly my first and best answer. My
book, Essential Skills for Dentists, has helped me out with my other two
answers. The book starts from the very basics of skills that dentists need and
all the different things they should do to be an effective dentist. This book
talks about many things such as oral diseases, the dental team, children care,
pediatric dentistry, and much more. With these two main sources, I have truly answered my EQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment